Posted by Steve
I’m also not sure why I care that the Cubs lost today with the way things have been going lately.
But yeah, I’m again taking advantage of the cheap airfare and flying to Arizona tomorrow to brave the 110 degree heat and catch the game.
But because I want to say something positive about the team, here’s a few things:
- Ben Sheets pitched a simulated game today, and reports are that he looked good. He developed a “hot spot” on his finger so they cut the outing a bit short, but it didn’t sound serious. Sounds like the blister would be the only thing keeping him out if he has to wait a while.
- Yo looks great tonight after two rough starts. That’s a great sign.
- Gabe Gross is back up. Oh, and he’s been hitting too.
- Rickie Weeks is also heating up.
- They Brewers are currently winning 9-0 in the sixth.
That’s all I have. They’re playing terribly, but if they are still within a game or two by the time Sheets returns they’re in good shape.