Posted by Steve
When everyone on a message board knows you are making the wrong move, you probably don’t deserve to keep your job as a major league manager. You can check out the brewerfan.net in-game thread if you want proof that everyone knew it was completely the wrong move to bring in Derrick Turnbow in the middle of the eighth inning.
Turnbow pitched yesterday. He’s terrible when he doesn’t start an inning. He’s terrible when pitching on consecutive days. You have FRANCISCO CORDERO available. Why is this so difficult?
It’s just the same story. I know you aren’t going to fire him this season. Just please do it afterwards.
Okay, plenty more to add since I originally made this post. Let’s run down all dumbfounding moves by Ned.
- Taking Braun out of the game for defense with a one-run lead.
- Walking Berkman with Shouse rather than making Berkman face Shouse right handed (Berkman is better as a lefty hitter).
- Sending out Derrick Turnbow in the middle of the eight to face Carlos Lee instead of using Francisco Cordero.
- Sending out Chris Spurling in the ninth instead of using Francisco Cordero.
- Using Mitch Stetter at any point in that game. Especially ahead of Francisco Cordero.
- Sending out Matt Wise in the tenth instead of using Francisco Cordero.
- Not intentionally walking Hunter Pence with first and third and one out in the bottom of the tenth.
- Losing a ten-inning game against the horrible Houston Astros without using your ace relief pitcher, Francisco Cordero.