Posted by Steve
Reasons not to play Mark Kotsay in center:
- He is slow
- He has no power
- He can’t play center field
- Center field defense has already been an issue lately
- He hasn’t started since August
- Busch Stadium has a spacious center field
- The Brewers are facing an ace, so runs were likely to be at a premium
Reasons to play Kotsay in center:
This is the worst managerial move since the Yost-Shouse game or Sveum starting Suppan in a playoff game in 2008. It is a horrible, stunning, mind-boggling decision that is completely indefensible. Even if it hadn’t already cost the Brewers, I would hate the decision with the fury of a thousand suns. He deserves to be fired.
It’s that bad.